Pages

Monday, October 10, 2016

Hello

Can you believe its October?  I can't believe that this year is almost done. 

A lot has happened since my last post.  In August, my internship came to an end.  It felt so strange that Monday morning when instead heading to work in the classroom, I was hauling all of my language to the airport in the rain. 

Being back home has been an adjustment.  I am back to looking for a job and I am the laughing stock of my town.  I feel like I have failed.  But I am not going to get into all of that here on the blog. 

I had a lot of interviews on the phone but no job offers.  Meanwhile, I have been catching up on reading books that have ben sitting on my Nook and Kindle since 2014. I made a decision not buy anymore books until I finish reading what I have.  But I broke that rule twice.  One of the books was 99 cents and the other book was something I really wanted to read.  If you haven't read Mya Penn's You Got This: Unleash Your Awesomeness, you should go check it out. 

I am so happy that it is fall.  I had a sample of pumpkin spice tea at the mall the other and it was good. I am not crazy about pumpkin but it was good.  I started back writing for Knoji again.  This time they are producing product reviews.  I am no longer doing consumer reports.  I have been writing the product reviews but it is hard.  The pay is $10 per assignment versus $50 for a full consumer report.  I feel like I am starting from the beginning again.  I have to motivate myself to get through these assignments.  Since I am not working right now, any extra cash doesn't hurt. 

There was a school shooting here in South Carolina in a nearby town the other week.  It felt too close to home.  You hear about these things happening in other states but you don't think that it could happen where you live.  But it can. 

I have been taking advantage of FitBit.  I don't have the band but I have the app on my phone.  It has been great. I can keep track of my physical activity, how much water I am drinking, and weight goals.   It makes you more conscious of your movement or lack of movement.  I am on track as far as my weight loss goals.  That gives me something to feel good about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment