Pages

Monday, August 8, 2016

My Thoughts on Texting

I was reading a post on another blog about texting.

I don't do a lot of texting these days.  I started texting back in 2005. However, I had a pay as you go plan that charged for text and picture text messages.  I had to be careful about how used my minutes because my phone was primarily for emergency purposes and short phone calls.  The good thing was that my plan allowed me to talk all I wanted at night and on the weekend. 

A few years ago, I found myself texting more than actual talking.  I had friends who preferred to text rather than talk on the phone. I was expected to carry on full conversations just by texting.  I went along with this method of communicating for awhile. This annoyed my parents.  Why don't you call just so and so?  Um well, they prefer to text. 

After awhile, this got old very very fast.  I would sit there and think, it would have been quicker just to call me.  If I am going to do that much typing, I might as well just send an email.  I had to ask myself if I was getting lazy? So I don't carry on full conversations via text anymore.  I think texting is good for giving someone a quick message when you can't talk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment