Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Adult Life...

Sometimes, I wonder if anyone keeps up with this blog on a regular basis.

I haven't written a post since April.  Blogging just has not been top priority these days.

What have I been doing since April?  Teaching, studying, and sleeping among other things.  My teaching hours really picked up this summer, and now since things are slowing down, I feel like I can breathe.

On a sad note, I lost my writing job at Knoji.  It's my own fault, because I should had left it alone until things slowed down.  Instead, I was trying to juggle writing articles, study for certification tests, homework, etc.  And because of some technical issues, I haven't been able to take my Outlook certification exam.

I also kick myself for setting such as high goal of 75 books on Goodreads. And I have all these unread books on my Nook.  I did all of this last year when I had loads of time on my hands.  And I have no business buying books for a very long time unless they are free.

I have been in the ATI program almost months.  I am at the halfway point which means that it will be time to start sending out applications and resumes again.  I cringe at the thought of sending out massive amounts of resumes again.  Just sitting behind a computer sending out resumes just will not cut it.

In the meantime, I can rewrite my resume, update my LinkedIn, and work on my certification tests.

There is so much to do and the time is going fast.

Yesterday, I went to Target and the Back to School sales are already in full swing.  Crayons, notebooks, backpacks, pencils, and so much more.  I remember those days when I use to get excited about shopping for supplies.  Now days, I don't really need notebooks, but I buy them out of habit and pens, I still love pens.  I rarely use a pen since I do most of work is done of the computer.
Since I have been on my own, I feel that my buying habits have changed.  I am buying  laundry detergent now.  The only time I bought laundry detergent was when my parents were out of town and laundry was piling up.

And now, I am in the household items area searching for a laundry bag.  I am even considering buying new towels.  I have even purchased a fan when the air condition stopped working.  I look back now and think, wow I use to buy some silly things from the store.  Now when I go shopping, I have a purpose.  For instance, I know I need to have enough soap and laundry detergent to get me through the month.

And folks, that is just a small dose of the adult life.

Time management, that is another bear.  I shake my head at the fact that I am signed up with four social network sites: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.  I can't remember the last time I was on Google+.  I have totally forgotten Twitter, and I am rarely on LinkedIn.  I check in on Facebook occasionally.  It's just not that important.  And I can assure you that my mom would agree.

I believe that as I continue to grow and go through adulthood, my priorities will change.  What you use to think that was important is not anymore.

I feel that my 30's will be a life changing decade for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment