Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Five Things on a Friday


  1. It has been awhile since  I have posted anything on my blogs.  I have a draft waiting for completion on YA Books Etc.  I have a day off next week, so maybe I will finally get around to it.  I received a notification from Bloglovin that I have a new follower.  I sporadically post reviews of the sites and I am gaining followers.  So I can't complain and that's a good thing.
  2. I have been in my program for almost a month.  It has been a life changing experience and I firmly believe that I have been chasing after the wrong career all these years.  Being an Assistive Technology Instructor is helping me personally and professionally.  It is helping me personally because I will get to brush up my Braille skills, learning screen reading software such as JAWS, and other types of technology that will help me.  I benefit professionally because I am getting hands on training and experience.  This is the most fulfilling internship I've worked because I am doing more than just answering the phone, and no one is afraid to give me work to do.  
  3. I am reading He's Gone by Deb Caletti.  I am almost done with the book and I am still trying to figure out what happened to Dani's husband who is missing.  Caletti's books are usually about teenagers but this time around, full grown adults are the center focus for this novel.  It's a little different, but it seems like the adults have just as big of a story line as the young adults.  The story is more so a massive mystery.  
  4. I have been very slack on exercise.  Although my clothes still fit the same, I worry about gaining my weight back. I will admit that I have been drinking more soda than I should and eating snacks again  I am grateful that there is a gym in the building.  I have been hitting the treadmill a few times a week.  The good part about it is that it is a healthy way to deal with stress. I just plug in my iPod and go.
  5. The weather here in Arkansas has been weird and unpredictable. The first few days it was in the 70's and today it dropped down to the 50's.  I called myself putting my winter clothes back in my suitcase.  Well maybe I should hold for a few days.  
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment