Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

Book Review: Breakdown by Ellie Grace

Goodreads says:

Amy Porter has had a thing for her twin brother’s best friend since she was a teenager. After being considered “one of the boys” throughout her childhood, he’s the first guy to look at her and see past the tomboy she used to be. Unfortunately, he’s also completely off-limits. She does her best to move on as the years go by, but it’s not until her life takes a drastic turn that she finally accepts the fact that they aren’t meant to be. However, as her world crumbles around her, Nate always seems to be close by to help her pick up the pieces.

Nate Miller knows that Amy is the one girl he can never have. No matter how badly he wants her, he won’t risk destroying his friendship, or the promise he made to look out for her when her brother goes overseas with the Marines. As life continues to get in the way and keep them apart, the only logical choice is to give up… but giving up is the last thing he wants to do.

With so many obstacles stacked up against them, can they find a way to make it work or are they headed for a breakdown?




I didn't know who Ellie Grace was until I spotted Breakdown on Amazon. After reading the description, it sounded interesting enough to give it a chance.  And I am happy to say that I am glad that I gave Ms. Ellie Grace a chance.

First, I was excited that the book took place in my home state of South Carolina.  I don't see too many books that take place in South Carolina.  I wonder if the author is from Charleston, SC.

We meet Amy and Nate.  Nate is Amy's brother Dex's best friend.  Dex has always been protective of Amy which meant scarring off any guy who showed interest in her.  Amy and Nate have been crushing on each other for years, but due to circumstances, unexpected pregnancy, fear of Dex, and bad timing-they just weren't able to get together.

The time they did spent together, they weren't able to keep away from each other and couldn't fight their feelings. The book takes place during the time period of over six years. Amy and Nate finally realize they are meant for each other.  Can they make it work? Will they be able to face Dex? Will Dex accept their relationship?   I don't want to give too much away.  I must say that this book is a quick read because I was so eager to find out what happens next.  I will give a hint-there is a happy ending.

Ummm....there were a few steamy scenes to put it nicely, so this book is more so for the mature crowd.  I believe that Breakdown is classified as general fiction and or new adult (18-25). And some are probably yelling at me, "You need to just grow up."  Yep, I heard it before.  Don't say I didn't warn you. 


3 out of 5 Stars
Personal digital copy purchased from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment