Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

10,000 Words-Accomplished

That's right...I reached 10,000 words on my work in progress project: Taking on the Writing World. I plan to have it ready for Amazon by next month.

I know that 10,000 words is barely scratching the surface compared to full length books of 60,000+ words.  For me this is an accomplishment because I completed a book that I am proud of and I saw the project all the way through. I didn't let self doubt and negativity get in the way.  I just wrote and told my story.  I will spend the rest of this month editing-making sure that typos repetitive words, and spelling errors are gone.  That can hurt your reputation as a writer.  I have learned this the hard way.

Last Tuesday, I had an appointment in Clemson. After it was over, I took the bus over to Starbucks to treat myself to a peppermint mocha coffee and cheesecake brownie.  I know I need to keep away from sweets and I have for the most part, but I thought that I should reward myself for my little victory.

The other day, I took inventory of the unread books on my Nook tablet and I resolved not to buy anymore books until I finish reading what I have and when Sarah Dessen's and Susane Colasanti's new books come out next year.  The other day I was on Amazon and I saw a book for $3.99.  I thought well, it's just $3.99, but I exercised self control and exited the Kindle store immediately.

I am almost finished reading Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins.  I have been reading the book off and on because I have been sidetracked by other books and life itself.  Which brings me to another realization: I am not going to finish the Goodreads 2014 Reading Challenge. Although I have been reading non stop, I am not going to reach my goal of 50 books.  Maybe next year.  While it's nice to curl up read during the evenings and weekends there's stuff that needs to be taken care of.  I have been working on my e-book and some freelance work for Knoji.  (I have to strike when work is available).

I hope to have an excerpt up soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment