Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Long Update...

Hi, I finally have a chance to write an update.  I have been away from blogging this summer.  My last post here was back in July.

I have been busy all summer because I started a day job at a doctor's office.  (That's another story in itself, so I won't go into the details here).  Anyway, I had to do a lot of training-mostly reading manuals and watching web videos.  When I thought about blogging, I was too exhausted to put something together.  I had a few drafts hanging around since July, but I never finished them.

I managed to post a few reviews for YA Books Etc.  As far as the 30 Week Writing Survey, well I have completely falling off the wagon. I wrote six weeks ahead when I started working, but I just didn't have time to write more for the series.

In June, I was able to take a break from the rat race and went to Hilton Head Island in South Carolina with friends.  What else have I been doing this summer?  Well, I have been doing a lot of reading. You may be wondering, you had time to read?  And the answer to that quest ion is yes.  Mainly because, I needed to keep myself occupied during my 25 minute bus commute to and from work.

My commuter route is mostly used by Clemson University students and faculty.  I felt awkward listening to my iPod while someone were studying and asleep beside me.  So I downloaded some books on my tablet and happily read.

Speaking of books, I discovered a Barnes N Noble at the university.  If you are a book nerd like me, you know that this is a dangerous place for you and your wallet.  I purchased three paperbacks that I haven't read yet.  The B&N is not your usual full scale retail store.  It is more of a college bookstore-part textbooks and supplies and part other books-fiction, non fiction, travel, etc.

I purchased way too many books this summer-mostly ebooks.  What's scary is that just in a few clicks, you can purchase and download books within a minute.  I have enough reading material to keep me occupied until the end of the year, and maybe until early next year.

Also, another habit I started was going to Starbucks at least once a week.  I love their frappes.  It was just too hot in my opinion to drink hot coffee. One day, I wanted hot chai tea.  It was good, but I was sweating on my way to the office.  Maybe I should wait until the winter to drink hot chai tea.

And speaking of beverages, I am excited that pumpkin spice season is back.  I asked for a pumpkin spice latte at McDonald's but the truck didn't delivery the mix yet.  So I settled for a vanilla latte-and it was good.

I am so glad that fall is almost here.  I spent the whole summer baking and sweating in the sun and getting rained on.  I had a pair of ballet flats that got soaked a few times.  My experience on public transit has been quite interesting-you meet all sorts of interesting people.  I had a bus to pass by me because the driver didn't see me because it was pouring raining and I was under a tree and umbrella. I had to take an alternate route and the late bus home. The very next day, the same bus broke down.

Also, I have been doing some freelance work for Knoji since July again. Who know how long this will last.  I decided to purchase the new Samsung Galaxy 4 Tab by Nook. It is a combination of a tablet and the nook.  So far, it has been a pretty great experience.

I hope to back on a regular schedule or as regular as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment