Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

30 Week Writing Survey: Week 13- What's your favorite culture to write, fictional or not?

What is my favorite culture to write?  Here is another question I've never considered. But it is a good one.

I am most comfortable with writing about the American culture.  If you want to get more specific, African American culture.  Why? Writing about my own culture is something I can relate to and most comfortable writing about.  We have our own unique issues that others outside of our culture may not fully understand.

In my stories, I strive to have characters from different cultures. For me personally, writing about these cultures takes observation and research. It helps expose yourself to different types of food, music, and people from different backgrounds.  You can learn so much when you broaden your horizons.


No comments:

Post a Comment