Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

30 Week Writing Survey #16 Do you write romantic relationships? How do you do with those, and how “far” are you willing to go in your writing? ;)

Yes, I do write romantic relationships, but they have their limits.  I have even went as far to writing about an interracial couple as mentioned in another post.

I guess that I do okay with romantic relationships. I don't know if readers would find them realistic or not.  In terms of limits, there might be a kissing scene, but that is as far as it goes.  I am uncomfortable with writing sex scenes and to be frank, I think that they are unnecessary. Does a book have to have sex scenes to be a best seller or a must read?  Now, I know that some might roll their eyes and tell me that I need to grow up and go sit down somewhere.  

I believe that explicit descriptions of sex can take away from a story. For instance in a novel called You Can't Run From the Heat by Qiana Williams, there were too many explicit scenes and I felt that it took away from the story.  The author had a good suspenseful attention holding plot and in my opinion, she could had done without  the scenes.  Therefore, I had to abandon the book.  It is rare for me to not finish reading a book.

So if you are looking for hot and heavy love scenes, you will have to find another story or book because you won't get it from this writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment