Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Five Things On A Saturday


  1. Blogging- I feel like I haven't written a real update in awhile since I have been so busy and focused on the 30 Week Writing Survey.  I will be starting a day job next week, so I won't have much time devote to blogging.  I am a few weeks ahead on the 30 Week Writing Survey series, and I have figured out how to schedule posts.  This whole blogging thing has been a self taught experience. Instead of whining and crying about not knowing how to do something and not having help here in Blogger or anywhere else for that matter, I just take a deep breathe, and figure it out myself. I like blogging, but now I need to learn how to balance it with everything else.  So if posts are scarce, yon  know why.
  2. Pop Culture News-  As of yesterday, it seems that the biggest news on social media was country singer Luke Bryan falling off stage at a concert in Charlotte, North Carolina.  Last I heard, he had to have stitches.  It could have been worse, you know.  In other news,I don't know if this is rumor or not, but I also heard on social media that The Arsenio Hall Show has been canceled after one season.  Seriously?  This is very sad because I have been enjoying the comeback.  When the show originally aired back in the late 80's and early 90's, my parents use to let me stay up and watch it if school was out.  I was thrilled when I heard about the comeback in September.  I thought the show was doing well, but I guess it's not.  Maybe it wasn't getting enough support.  I think that someone should fight to keep it on air.  For instance, when The Game was canceled in 2009, someone started a Facebook campaign to get them back on the air in 2011.  I didn't usually watch late night comics, but Arsenio is the one person I would stay up and watch.
  3. Hitting the Road- Last weekend, I went to Atlanta to attend my cousin's graduation party.  Later that evening, we went to the mall.  I was reminded why I don't go to the mall that often.  After visiting Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, I was discouraged from looking at the prices in any other stores. Who is going to pay $85 for a dress, or $99 for a pair of jeans? Not me.  I would have been happier to browse a bookstore.
  4. Odds and Ends- I have been spending the week doing things that have been on my to do list.  I wrote a letter this morning, I have been trying to figure out why my printer won't print, and pick out pants that are suitable for work next week.  I also needed to organize my shoes.  I have a lot of them.
  5. Writing-  I have been thinking about writing lately, but other than the blog, I have not done a lot of it. Last Sunday, I started a story based on a prompt I found.  I am thinking about starting another short story collection.  We will see what happens.  Also, I haven't done any freelancing lately.  Partly, because I haven't had any work from Knoji.  I have been thinking about writing for Yahoo Voices again. I don't earn a lot from them, but they are stable.  As I have mentioned in a previous post, content sites like Helium and Suite 101 no longer exists. I have a feeling that Knoji is headed in that direction.  I have been searching for higher paying sites, but I have came up empty. So, if you know of any good places to write for, leave a comment here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment