Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

30 Week Writing Survey: Week 8-What is your favorite genre to write? To read?

I couldn't wait to write this post.  My favorite genre to write is fiction.  Since I have been writing for the web, I am more focused on non fiction.  I like to write fiction because I can make things up, I can make up a whole new world if I wanted to, and just be creative.

Right now, I need to rebuild my confidence in my fiction writing. I believe that my fiction has suffered because I have been so focused on writing web articles, consumer reports, product reviews, and blog posts.
My favorite genre to read is YA fiction.  If you don't believe me, you can check out my YA list on my Goodreads page, and I have an entire blog devoted to young adult book reviews called, YA Books Etc. In addition, my personal library is primarily young adult novels.  So, enough said.  Sometimes, I feel a bit self conscience about browsing the YA/Teen section at bookstores, because I am a 30 something year old grown woman still reading young adult fiction.  I have discovered that their are many adults out there who shamelessly read YA fiction.  So I have nothing to be ashamed of.

I have been trying to broaden my reading tastes.  I enjoy reading historical fiction, biographies, and general fiction (stories about people my own age and older).  When I was growing up, I use to check out books from the library about different countries so that I could learn more about their cultures.


No comments:

Post a Comment