Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

30 Week Writing Survey: Week 2-What gender do you prefer to have as a protagonist? If you have no preference, what gender do you most often have as a protagonist?

What gender do you prefer to have as a protagonist? If you have no preference, what gender do you most often have as a protagonist?

Hello, and welcome back to the 30 Week Writing Survey.  I have always written from female protagonist's point of view because it seems easier.  I am more familiar and comfortable with writing about girl stuff.  You would think that it would be easier to write about males or write in the male voice since I have a brother and a lot of boy cousins.  I don't always understand the male thought process, and the activities that they engage in like sports, video games, etc.

Just reading the response to this question makes me feel lazy, so I should challenge myself and write from a male point of view.  I can think of one occasion when one my male characters was the main protagonist in Big Brother, Little Sister: A Short Story.  Teddy is a little boy (bear) in this story, so it wasn't too difficult.  I should just step out of my comfortable zone and try harder.


No comments:

Post a Comment