Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

30 Week Blog Challenge: Week 26-Admiration

Who do I admire and inspire?  It is difficult to pick just one person. I admire my favorite authors and various persons in real life. First and foremost, I admire my mom.  I admire her because she overcame many obstacles.  She could have easily made excuses and took the easy route out.   A few years ago, she went back to school.   She juggled school, a full time job, and responsibilities at home.  She stayed up late and or got up early to study.  My mom graduated last year with honors.  She was on the dean’s list every semester. I often hear people say, “I don’t know how people do it-go to school, take care of their family, and work full time.” Yes, it is tough and a lot of sacrifices are made.   I remember a conversation a father and son had in the  The Great Debaters movie ,”You do what you have to do, in order to do what you want you want to do.”  In order words, there are times when you have to pull up your boot straps in order to make improvements for yourself.  There are times when you will have to make difficult choices.  I imagine for adults or anyone who has been out of school for awhile that going back to school is a daunting task. Especially when everything is so technology driven.  You have to do research online, access your grades, assignments and more online, and if you need to communicate online with your fellow classmates and teachers-well you have to do that online too.  My mom survived through all that.  I hope to be like her someday, or maybe I have already gained those traits.

No comments:

Post a Comment