Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

The Friday Five


  1. Last week, I missed the Friday Five since I was leaving for out of town.  I have been seeing reports where various parts of the country have been covered with snow.  Last week, the Upstate region of South Carolina received a few inches.  It lasted one day and half where I live.  I didn't go out to play in it or attempt a snowman.  I feel like I'm too old for snowmen or snowball fights. However, a good snowball fight doesn't hurt every once in awhile.  I like snow, but I don't like ice storms or icy roads. 
  2. And speaking of weather, we went from low temps to the 60's.  It's crazy weather, you don't know how to dress for it, and then sickness hits you.  I came down with a cold Wednesday. I hope it is not the flu.  I felt the sniffles building up and cold Wednesday morning.  When I got home, I took medicine and went straight to bed. I spent all day Thursday in bed. I didn't feel like reading, getting on the computer, or anything.  I tried to listen to The Writer on audio, but I fell asleep.  I tried watching TV, but I kept falling asleep.  The medicine made me feel drowsy and loopy so nothing made sense.  Today, the medicine wore off thankfully, but my head hurts and my patience is short.  
  3. The nice thing about borrowing books from the library is that you can see if you like a book without sacrificing your money. I purchased some books a month ago and so far I didn't feel like I got my money's worth.  I just finished Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins and sadly I wasn't impressed with it.  I'm not sure why it is even a companion novel for Anna and the French Kiss other than the fact that St. Clair and Anna appear in the book quite a bit.  You can read my review here. I decided to check out Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham.  The summary sounds interesting and it has received good reviews. And I usually don't pay attention to reviews.  My introduction to Lauren was back in the early 2000's when she was Lorelei Gilmore in Gilmore Girls. I started watching NBC's Parenthood because of her.  We have seen plenty of celebrities who have published books.  I read Lauren Conrad's L.A. Candy series.  I think that Lauren Conrad is a good writer, but the series felt like I might as well go back and watch The Hills on Hulu or Netflix. Also, the characters, particularly Madison got on my nerves. Hopefully, Lauren Graham will prove to be a talented writer and she provides a good book.
  4. Last weekend, I got to see a good friend of mine Celeste.  She is a blogger and owns an Etsy shop called A Girl and Her Clay. She hasn't updated her blog lately, but she is definitely busy in the shop. These days she uses polymer clay to make her jewelry.  Her jewelry is colorful, unique, and make great conversation starters.  Celeste and I don't get to see each other often. We live almost an hour away, so we don't get to visit often. I was happy to be able to spend some time with her last weekend.

This week, Facebook celebrated its tenth birthday.  Really?  I didn't have a clue about what Facebook was until 2008-20009.  To celebrate, Facebook made flashback movies for everyone featuring popular photos and posts.  Wow, MySpace is 15 years old, and I don't think that they received this much hype. I guess no cupcakes and party hats for them.  MySpace seems forgotten.


Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment