Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

The Friday Five


  1. From time to time, I write Friday Roundup posts.  YA author Sarah Dessen use to write her version of the The Friday Five.  I was inspired to do my own version. I changed the name because I thought that I would be stealing.  Sarah phased out the The Friday Five last year.  Last weekend, I saw Lauren Morrill's blog and she has own Friday Five.  So, I decided to change to The Friday Five.
  2. I enjoy the convenience of shopping online. The hard part it is the waiting game.  My package arrived on Wednesday.  This was probably the largest box I have ever received.  I ordered a purple lap desk, and three books. Yeah, I bought more books. I know that my brother will have something to say later, but it is not a big deal.  And of course he did have something to say.  I have one more book coming on Monday.  I was worried that it was lost in the mail.  I just got off the phone with customer service, and they said that it will be here Monday.  It sounds like a lot, but at least I have some reading material to keep me entertained for awhile.
  3. I decided that this year will be about ACTION.  I was reading a book about why companies turn people down for jobs, and one reason is "you are what you seem."  If people see you as sloppy, lazy, irresponsible, etc., well that is how people (especially employers) will see and treat you.  I made a list of goals for this year, and some of them are already in progress.  For instance, I decided that it is time to make healthier snack choices.  So instead of loading up on chocolate or other types of candy, cookies, and other sugar filled snacks, I have been choosing trail mix.  I am glad that I love trail mix.  I also need to exercise. I tend to get lazy in this aspect during the winter months.  I also need to declutter.  How am I accomplishing this goal?  I started last year, when I cleaned out my closet and donated clothes that I didn't wear or can't wear.  I also cleaned out my dresser.  I donated books to the library's used book store. But it still feels like I have a ton of stuff.  
  4. Speaking of winter, it has been extremely cold here in South Carolina thanks to the polar vortex. I had no idea what the polar vortex was until this week.  On Tuesday morning it was 7 degrees outside. I'm not use to temperatures that low.  I usually think anything under 50 is extremely cold.  I own winter coats, I don't get to wear them that often.  Sometimes I like to go on Yahoo to see what the weather is like in other countries.  It was warmer in London compared to here.  I have a white puffy coat I wore on Tuesday.  I know I looked like a giant marshmallow but at least I was warm.  
  5. Last weekend, I went over to a friend's house to watch movies. We watched Say Anything which is an 80's movie. I have heard references made about the movie especially the famous boom box scene. In When It Happens by Susane Colasanti, she re-creates the boom box scene for her characters.  We also watched BBC's Sherlock on Netfix. I must admit, it got my attention, and I was sucked in. Maybe I can find more episodes on Hulu.  Yes, I actually watch TV, but for me to invest my time in a show, it needs to have a good story line.  I have been watching NBC's Parenthood lately. Storylines are getting interesting over there. 

So there you have it, The Friday Five. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment