Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

30 Week Blog Challenge: Week 14-Things You Love

This week’s prompt asks us to write about something you love.  Well, there are lots of things I love.
First and foremost, I love my family.  They have supported and put up with me through thick and thin.



I also love books.  I have three library cards for three different counties.  This fact alone might label me as card hoarder or book nerd or whatever, but I live between three different counties, so it is helpful to have a card for each county.  If you need further proof, check out my Goodreads list.  I have a stack of books under my desk.  I recently donated some books that I wasn't fond of to the library's used bookstore.

Hopefully, someone will enjoy them more than I did.

I occasionally check out books from the library, and I purchase books a few times a year.  My brother is baffled by this.  I am the only avid reader in my household.  I also enjoy audiobooks.

Another thing that I love is sweets.  I like chocolate, jollyranchers, cheesecake, etc.  Lately I have been feeling the need to cut back on these things. I figured that I am getting too old to be consuming so much sugar.  So instead of picking up a doughnut or some other sugary pastry at the gas station when I purchase coffee, I have turned to trail mix.  Trail mix is wonderful and I love it.

Another that I love is music.  I have 181 and counting songs from different genres on my iPod and that is probably nothing compared to hardcore music lovers out there.  I also have a small stack of CD's stored away.

I love to travel when I have the opportunity. I love going to the beach.  I like to walk in the sand and watch the waves in the ocean.  I like to discover new places and interesting sights.  I am proud to say that I have been to two foreign countries-Mexico and Canada.  When I took geography five years ago, my professor asked us talk about where we've traveled, I felt bad.  I felt bad because many of my classmates visited Europe, Asia, and other interesting places.  I was so fascinated by my professor because he has been all over the world to places like Turkey and Norway, and he even lived in Japan for a year.  To me that is pretty cool.

I also love babies.  They are so cute and adorable.  I love holding them and watching them moving their hands and feet.  I love the way babies look at me with curious eyes. I think that I am very interesting to look at to children.

What do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment