Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

I Need Motivation

I am in serious need of motivation.  Lately, writing work has been scarce and it is getting worse.  I have been bidding for jobs on Odesk. I thought was getting data entry work but instead the client wanted me to sign up for ad clicking site.  Another client wanted me to type those "checking to see if you are human" images.  Y'all know what I am talking about.

I started writing for Examiner, and posted a total of six articles.  I haven't earned a lot from them. There is no work for me at Knoji. I remember about this time last year, I was busy typing away on my computer from morning to night working on product reviews.  This year, it is a different story. Today, I actually played Mall World.  That's got to change, stat!

I use to bring in roughly $100 a month. It didn't pay bills of course, but it helped with gas/transportation costs.  Now I can see why my writing career isn't always taken seriously. Content writing isn't always the way to go.  I know I need to pull myself together and attempt to rewrite my novel.  Again, I need motivation.  My short story collection over on Smashwords hasn't done so well in terms of sales.  When I offered them for free, downloads increased.  I'm a newbie and I understand that it is going to take a while to get noticed.  I'm a writer because I enjoy it, not to make money.  In reality, we need to make a living.

Yesterday, I went to the mall with some friends. I visited the Apple store and played around with the iPods, iPhones, and iMac.  I think Apple products are cool even though they are expensive.  I would love to own a new iPod, but the sticker price........I really need to be motivated to purchase a newer shinier version when I have a five year old iPod that works just fine.  I could use more storage.

I also went to Forever 21.  I shopped around for a bit, but I could ignore my aching feet because of my shoes.  (I should have packed flats).  My friends were surprised that I didn't buy anything.  For one thing my feet were killing me, so I just wanted to take my shoes off or sit down somewhere.  I saw a few cute things, but I put them back.  I also saw a handbag that looked sturdy and useful, but the thought came across my mine, "Is this bag going to peel and be tossed in the trash in six months?" That's why I stopped buying purses at Charlotte Russe or stayed away from cheap quality bags.

As my search for a day job continues, it is becoming increasingly discouraging.  Sometimes I feel like what is the point of going to the interview to get turned down in a few days.  I have sent out so many resumes and filled out hundreds of applications and getting nowhere.  I have expanded my search out of state.  The results are all the same.  I know I can't give up, and but sometimes I want to.  

There you have it folks, I need motivation. Overall, I am a positive person and sometimes overly optimistic. However, human nature kicks in.

No comments:

Post a Comment