Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

30 Week Blog Challenge: Week 8- Cravings

Cravings?  I crave sweets including a lot junk food.  It's sad I know and I should be eating healthier choices.

Lately I have been craving chocolate. However, there wasn't any chocolate in the house. Plus I have been cutting back on buying candy because I need to make healthier choices.  A few months ago, I went on a cleanse diet and I had to give up everything in order to lose 13 pounds.  If I eat junk food in full force I will pack the pounds back on. I found some chocolate protein bars in the pantry. I decided to try one and they are good.  I thought that protein bars would taste like chalk or really dry.

It's funny how books make me crave food.  For instance, when I read ALONG FOR THE RIDE by Sarah Dessen, I craved onion rings and Rice Krispies Treats.  I remember being eager to go to Burger King to get onion rings and they were good.

Also when I read TAKE ME THERE by Susane Colasanti, I craved cupcakes.  Right now I could go for a cupcake loaded with icing.



I also like smoothies and have been wanting one for a long time. I usually get them from McDonald's. I'm not a big fan of McDonald's food, but I love their smoothies and coffee. To me it is cheaper than going to Starbucks.  My brother refuses to go to McDonald's now because of an experiment he heard about.


This time of year I crave coffee. I love flavored coffee. I can't find drink coffee without creamer or milk.  I also like the mocha flavored coffee and frappe from McDonald's.  When I was in high school, I would only drink cappuccino or hot chocolate. But now I drink coffee. One of my former classmates was surprised when I told him that I drink coffee now. When I was in college, I had to stop at the cafeteria to pick up a cappuccino or coffee to get going in the morning, especially when it was cold.

However, I do crave healthy foods like yogurt and a nice fruit salad.  My aunt makes a fruit salad to serve with breakfast.  It was wonderful. When I visited her one weekend, by the second day, I would just eat turkey bacon and fruit salad.

One of my biggest cravings is potato chips.  I can eat them all day if I could. Just the other week, I had to put them away in the cabinet to stop eating them.  I have discovered a healthier substitute for chips-veggie chips, and they are AWESOME.

Another thing I have to stay away from are sodas. If I have access to them, I will drink them.  I also crave egg  rolls or spring rolls from time to time.`


No comments:

Post a Comment