Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

It's been over a month since my last post, and every time I attempt to write a new post, something happens.  So here's what has been happening in my world.

  1. I won't be able to write product reviews for a while until I become a level 4 writer.  I am a level 3 (Expert) at Knoji.  You need a total of 250 articles in order to reach guide status.  I have only reached 189 articles.  It's a long way to go and I hope that I don't fall on my face trying to reach that goal.
  2. With this situation at Knoji and other changes in my writing life, work has been scarce.  I have been putting in applications all over the Web for new writing gigs.  So I applied over at Examiner.com.  I honestly thought that I wouldn't hear from them.  To my utter shock they wrote me, and they wanted to publish two articles for the Style and Fashion section in order to become an official Examiner.  This is shocking to me because I am not that fashion forward.  We will see where this takes me.
  3. Since writing gigs have been scarce all summer, I realize I need to be working on my own projects instead of solely depending on writing assignments.  I have been away from the fiction game because once upon a time, I felt like my stories were a load of crap.  I know, I know that's a horrible thing to say about myself.  So I decided that I should dust off some flash fiction and short stories I have written in the past and clean them up and add a little something.  I signed up for Smashwords two years ago, and never published anything on it.  In case you are wondering, Smashwords is a website where you can self publish your books in ebook format.  I'm am usually quiet about writing projects, but I will say that it is a collection of flash fiction and short stories.  I just need to edit, make sure that it is formatted correctly, and come up with a cover idea. I have my work cut out for me, but let's hope for the best.  The thing about self publishing is that it is up to you make things happen.  Kind of like life. Once upon a time, I had a teacher tell me that I didn't have what it takes to be a writer.  That has always stuck with me.  This statement has made me determined to push forward in the writing biz despite spending hours in front of the computer for long hours for low paying writing gigs.  When I would get stuck on my unfinished novel or some story, I would wonder maybe the teacher was right after all.  I know now that I have a choice. I can silence those negative voices in my head.  Stay tuned for updates.
  4. My YA Books Etc. blog has a follower on Bloglovin.
  5. Someone left a comment on this blog.  That has never happened before, besides my friend and only follower wrote a comment a while back.
  6. What else?  I think that covers everything.  I hope that I will be able to post more often.
Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment