Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

30 Week Blog Challenge: Week 2-Favorite Movies

Hmmm, favorite movies?  My all time favorite movie is Comming to America starring Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall.


This movie is halarious and never gets old.  I can watch it a million times and crack up laughing.  Sometimes when people ask me, so what's your favorite movie?  I say Comming America, and sometimes I will get a blank stare.  Some people don't know about this movie despite being a classic.

Keeping with the theme of classic 80's movies, I like Ferris Bueler's Day Off.  I find it interesting that these friends hatch an elaborate scheme to get a day off from school to watch a baseball game. There is alot more to the story.  I also like Pretty In Pink, Breakfast Club, and Back to the Future.

I have watched enough cartoon/kid friendly movies growing up, but I love Shrek.  Although it is intended for children, adults can appreciate it.  I think some adults love it as much as the children.



Let's see what else?  There was a little known TV movie which appeared on ABC Family called Pizza My Heart.  It's a modern day Romeo and Julliet story involving two young people from rivaling families who happen to own a pizza resturaunt.  I downloaded it from iTunes and watched it. I thought it was a cute movie, but kind of cheesy.

I like movies with a possitive message and make you feel inspired.  Historical based movies like Roots or The Butler helps us to learn something about history that we may not learn in a textbook. After watching The Butler, I started to feel different.  Some see these types of movie as mere entertainment.  Others don't bother to watch them at all. At times, I would think, how is movie going to help me?  Recently I came to realize that if you don't take the time to learn about your history, no matter who you are, how will you know where you are going?

Well that wraps up this entry. Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment