Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Good evening everyone, and welcome back to My So Called Writing Life.  If you are a regular reader, you may have been wondering where have I been?  There is one simple explanation.....no computer.

Around the first of February, my computer's hard drive crashed and I had to find someone who could fix it.  The warning signs were nudging me. I saw the dark blue screen of doom several times but the computer decided to keep going.  But one day, it could go no further.  I was working on a website review for a store that sells golf shirts.  That's when everything  started going wrong.  The computer was slowing down and programs didn't want to open.  Then it crashed.

I was unable to work on my writing for a month. It felt strange.  I tried the library route, but I wasn't able to devote the usual time I needed  to spend on researching, editing, and writing the final draft.

How did I fill the time?  I was able to catch up on reading.  I finally finished WATERFALL by Lisa T.Bergen.  It took me nearly eight months to finish it.  That's the longest it has ever taken me to read a book. Normally I can read a book within a week or a month at the most.  I also listened to THE GUARDIAN, A BEND IN THE ROAD, THE RESCUE, and THE NOTEBOOK by Nicholas Sparks.  I also bought a copy of FRIENDS LIKE US by Lauren Fox.  Friends Like Us was a good book overall, but it ended in a sad way. I didn't like how Willa betrayed her best friend Jane.  I probably gave too much away already.

In other book news, I read on Susane Colasanti's Blog that actress Lauren Graham has entered into the literary world, and her book SOMEDAY, SOMEDAY, MAYBE will be in bookstores in April.  Yes, this is the same Lauren Graham from Gilmore Girls and Parenthood.  I use to watch Gilmore Girls and I still watch re-runs here and there.  My family doesn't understand why I like and watch the show.

I have also been adding books to my virtual Barnes N Noble shopping bag.  I only get to buy books a few times a year, and at some point I will buy books for 2013.  Until then, I can always feed my reading addiction by visiting my local library.

So I'm back to writing now. I finished reviews for American Girl, Rue 21, and Fashion Union.  I am getting back into the swing of things. I need to update my other blogs, and write for some other sites that I have been neglecting.

So it is business as usual around here.  Have a good evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment