Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

The Friday Round Up


  1. Over on Knoji, there has been some grumbling over publication of articles and website reviews.  I shall explain.  When I started back working over a week ago, I noticed that my reviews weren't getting published.  See, when you write a website review or a consumer report it has to be approved by an editor before it is published online.  I went over  to the help forums to see what was going on.  It turns out that many of the writers have reviews that have not been approved since February.  One writer stated that she had 30 articles unpublished and waiting for approval.  My guess is that the editors are backed up  big time.  
  2. I only had one website review published.  It was for Pretty Green, a British men's clothing store. When I shared this review on Google+ and Twitter, it didn't get a lot of attention.  I don't think that anyone here in the United States has ever heard of this place.  The store was created by Liam Gallagher.  (I don't even know who he is).  My review of Chronicle Books might have been published if I didn't misspell "shipping."  How did I miss that?
  3. Does anyone know how to run a Facebook business page without having an active personal Facebook account?
  4. I am looking forward to spring.  It felt like winter for the last few days.  However, I am dreading rearranging my closet for spring and summer.
  5. I wrote a review for a store called Rue 21, I realized that there are stores right here in my home town.  Usually, I'm writing about places in other states, solely online, or in Europe.
I wish I had more exciting stuff to tell you, but maybe next week.  Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment