Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

The Friday Round Up



  1. I am going to try something new here.  I am going to test out a new feature called The Friday Round Up.  I use to do Flashback Fridays, but I failed miserably.  For one I had trouble coming up with good video clips of songs etc. that would be appealing.  The only popular features of Flashback Fridays were Spandau Ballet's True and of course The Carlton Dance.  Will I bring it back? Maybe.
  2. Life was starting to get boring in the music world.  Lately I have not been keeping up with the latest music, because it is not important to me anymore like it was when I was growing up in the 90's.  I remember as early as fourth grade, the kids would look at me strange if I didn't know a name of a song or artist.  Back then I knew a few artists/songs but that was all.  Around 1994, I started watching music videos on BET and MTV.  Yep, that was my crash course in music.  So to cut a long story short, I listened to the radio more and I started buying cassette tapes and later CD's....and the rest is history.  Within the last few years I became pretty happy with listening to the music of the 80's, 90's, and 00's. I imagine if someone picked up my iPod they would shocked at the randomness they would find. Case and point, I was playing my iPod as I was editing, Matchbox Twenty's "Bent" was playing.  My brother was like, "What are you listening to?"  Which is a question he asks a lot.  I won't go into big rant about the quality of today's music besides the fact that they are talking about hopping in the bed with somebody.  Anyways, I made a new music discover.  I have a group of friends who listen to KPOP and shared some of their favorites.  KPOP is Korean pop music.  I downloaded a few songs and I must say that I like it.  I once tried to listen to JPOP but I didn't like it.  I think you have to have an acquired ear for it.  I had a professor who taught in Japan for a year and he said JPOP got on his nerves.   The thing about KPOP is that the artists will sing a few lines in English and the rest in Korean.  You have an idea of what's going on.  
  3. I have been reading blogs for the last six years of so and recently joined the blogging world.  I have noticed that there aren't many African American bloggers.  I only know of two: my real life friend Celeste at Crazy Beautiful Unique and Ronni at Anywhere Is.  I discovered Ronni's blog on Crazy Beautiful Unique and have been following her ever since. These two ladies write about different interesting topics so please stop by and show some love.  If you like their blogs, you can follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin. 
  4. I am in the middle of doing some major editing on a product review. The editor emailed me and asked me to compare the retailer's prices to other competitors.  I have less than 12 hours to finish it.  It won't take long to look prices.  I would have finished it last night if it wasn't for my computer acting up.  I hope I don't have to buy a new computer or put it in the shop. It's bad enough I already have a broke down desktop collecting dust on my desk.  Going without a computer is a big deal these especially when we depend on technology more than ever.  What has technology done to us?
  5. It's raining today, and I had to make myself get up and get to work.  It's a 30 second commute since my desk is not that far away.  Gray cloudy days makes you want to sleep or park yourself in front of the TV.  However, in the world of writing and other jobs if you don't work you don't eat.  Today maybe a good day to sit down and read.  I have so much to get caught up on, I am going to have to sit down and write up a game plan.  

Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment