Hello and welcome back readers. Things have been pretty busy around here with trying to get product reviews and start new projects. I was on vacation in Texas for two weeks. Unfortunately I was without Internet access for most of the trip. I have some new and exciting things to tell you about. In addition, there are things that I want to accomplish this year. So let's get started.
- New Blogs! If you are looking for my "Places to Shop" feature, it will be moving to my new fashion blog Hidden Fashionista on Wordpress. Also, I will be launching a brand new book review blog called YA Books Etc. right here on Blog Spot. I will be reviewing YA novels and novels from other genres. I wanted to call it Book Worm Cafe but someone already has that title.
- Read More Books I am not one to make New Year's resolutions, because I don't keep them. However, there is one thing that I can do and that's read more books. I have already have books on my 2013 reading list. I am excited to read Sarah Dessen's The Moon and More, and Susane Colasanti's All I Need which comes out in May or June. I also want to read Lauren Fox's Friends Like Us. I read about this author in The Writer magazine. It seems like an interesting book. I was in Wal-Mart during vacation and I found The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I didn't know that the movie was a book. I didn't buy it but I read the first page and it reminded me of JD Salinger's The Catcher and the Rye. I had to read The Catcher in the Rye in my English 101 class in college. I also want to save up for a Nook or eReader. I will have to figure out which one will be the best fit for me.
- Find New Writing Gigs I plan to continue building my writer's resume or portfolio. I have found a new site in which I plan to start writing for this year. I also hope to be able to start back contributing to Suite 101 online magazine as soon as the new site is launched.
- Getting Organized There is one thing I need to do this year and that's to get organized. I need to keep better track of my earnings; and in order to accomplish this I developed a spreadsheet on Excel. Also, set actual writing hours, so I don't burn myself out and writing at random times of the day. I will need to better divide my time between writing, blogging, and my personal life.
- Spend More Time With Friends- Here is something that is not always easy. I have friends who are married. On the other hand, I have friends who are working and or going to school. Some even have families. While hanging out is not as easy as it was in let's say high school, I hope to be able to see them more often. While texting and following them on social media seems easier, it is not the same as actually spending time with them.
- Marketing My Work- I am still learning the rules of the writing world. One of the biggest things I constantly hear is to promote your work on social media. Well, I have a Linked In account but haven't updated since November. I was unable to update for awhile because I forgot my password. Don't you hate when that happens? I keep up with Twitter regularly, but I am currently not on a Facebook. I had a Facebook fan page, and I hope to re-launch the page some time this year. When I was on Facebook I seemed to get more traffic for my online articles. We will have to weigh out the pros and cons on this one. I also use Google+. I update it pretty regularly as well. How much social networking can one person handle?
Well, that's all for today. I have so much to do and get caught up on. I will let you know of any new projects in the works. Have a good day everyone.