Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

New Projects New Year

Hello and welcome back readers.  Things have been pretty busy around here with trying to get product reviews and start new projects.  I was on vacation in Texas for two weeks.  Unfortunately  I was without Internet access for most of the trip.  I have some new and exciting things to tell you about.  In addition, there are things that I want to accomplish this year.  So let's get started.

  1. New Blogs!   If you are looking for my "Places to Shop" feature, it will be moving to my new fashion blog Hidden Fashionista on Wordpress.  Also, I will be launching a brand new book review blog called YA Books Etc. right here on Blog Spot.  I will be reviewing YA novels and novels from other genres.  I wanted to call it Book Worm Cafe but someone already has that title.  
  2. Read More Books  I am not one to make New Year's resolutions, because I don't keep them.  However, there is one thing that I can do and that's read more books.  I have already have books on my 2013 reading list.  I am excited to read Sarah Dessen's The Moon and More, and Susane Colasanti's All I Need which comes out in May or June.  I also want to read Lauren Fox's Friends Like Us.  I read about this author in The Writer magazine.  It seems like an interesting book.  I was in Wal-Mart during vacation and I found The Perks of Being a Wallflower.  I didn't know that the movie was a book.  I didn't buy it but I read the first page and it reminded me of  JD Salinger's The Catcher and the Rye.  I had to read The Catcher in the Rye in my English 101 class in college.  I also want to save up for a Nook or eReader.  I will have to figure out which one will be the best fit for me.
  3. Find New Writing Gigs  I plan to continue building my writer's resume or portfolio.  I have found a new site in which I plan to start writing for this year.  I also hope to be able to start back contributing to Suite 101 online magazine as soon as the new site is launched.  
  4. Getting Organized  There is one thing I need to do this year and that's to get organized.  I need to keep better track of my earnings; and in order to accomplish this I developed a spreadsheet on Excel.   Also, set actual writing hours, so I don't burn myself out and writing at random times of the day.  I will need to better divide my time between writing, blogging, and my personal life.  
  5. Spend More Time With Friends- Here is something that is not always easy.  I have friends who are  married.  On the other hand, I have friends who are working and or going to school. Some even have families. While hanging out is not as easy as it was in let's say high school, I hope to be able to see them more often.  While texting and following them on social media seems easier, it is not the same as actually spending time with them. 
  6. Marketing My Work- I am still learning the rules of the writing world.  One of the biggest things I constantly hear is to promote your work on social media.  Well, I have a Linked In account but haven't updated since November.  I was unable to update for awhile because I forgot my password. Don't you hate when that happens?  I keep up with Twitter regularly, but I am currently not on a Facebook.  I had a Facebook fan page, and I hope to re-launch the page some time this year.  When I was on Facebook I seemed to get more traffic for my online articles.  We will have to weigh out the pros and cons on this one.  I also use Google+.  I update it pretty regularly as well.  How much social networking can one person handle?
Well, that's all for today. I have so much to do and get caught up on.  I will let you know of any new projects   in the works.  Have a good day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment