Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hello October

It has been a busy week around here. On Tuesday, I had an interview for a senior living marketing associate job at a local company.  I have also been busy with my online writing.  I am slowly crossing things off my to do list.  I do have one daunting task that I need to cross off my list, and that is moving my summer clothes to the back of the closet. I hate doing this because it takes forever and I have a small closet. Therefore, I have to do this time twice a year.  It has been in the 70's and 80's during the day and the low 60's at night. So I may can put this off for another week or so.  Eventually, I am going to have to pull out the sweaters.  Other than the closet switching, I love fall.  It is my favorite season because it is not too hot or cold, I love seeing the fall colors, and Greenville's yearly Fall For Greenville.  It is a big festival where everyone in the Upstate gathers to enjoy food, music, and good times with friends and family.

Fall also means new TV shows.  I am not a big TV watcher, but I do watch my share of TV from time to time.  I started watching The Mindy Project staring Mindy Kaling.  Mindy played the role of Kelly from The Office.  I watched two episodes on iTunes and I have not formed an opinion of the show yet.  I am the kind of person who tries to give things a chance.  Mindy Project has some of the quirkiness of The Office and a cloned version of Kelly.  Okay, so I may have a slight opinion.  Anyway, will I continue to  tune in each week?  Will it be worth watching? It's kind of early to tell.

I use to watch that show Outsourced, and it didn't last but one season.  It wasn't funny.  One of the characters creeped me out, and I often wondered how the Indian community felt about the show.

I also finished two books on my reading list. They were library books, so I had to finish them first. I read Take A Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg.  It was a nice story and it took a while for the story to develop.  The one thing I appreciated about this book is that the author did not use foul language and explicit scenes.  I personally do not believe that these elements are necessary to make a good story.  Many may disagree or agree with me , but I think that stories loaded with four letter words and sex scenes take away from the story.  For instance, I read an ebook called You Can't Run From the Heat by independent author Qiana Williams.  It started out as a great story, but sadly I had to abandon it.  There were WAY too much foul language and WAY TOO EXPLICIT scenes.  I thought that it took away from the book.  Those who know me well know that I LOVE to read and rarely abandon a book.  If I have to abandon a book, it is for a good reason.

I also read The Story of Us by Deb Caletti.  I am not a big Caletti fan, but I do read her books often.  The story was about a girl named Cricket who is struggling to handle change.  Unfortunately, I was bored with the story, but what got me through was the characters.  Caletti always creates memorable characters in her novels.

So I guess that wraps up my update for the week.  Have a good weekend everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment