Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

First Week of Work

Good afternoon everyone! I meant to write this morning but I kept dozing off.  Thankfully today is my day off and the last of finals for students.  Yesterday, as soon as I arrived in the office I put my purse away and started working.  I deliveried eight tests to one building before 11:00.  I spent an hour or so preparing new testing envelopments.  I took a 30 minute lunch break and after I was finished I was back to running back and forth delivering tests. 

I lost count of how many trips I made.  Several instructors were popping out into the hallway as they saw me coming around the corner with envelopes and a clipboard in hand. 

Instructor: "Do you have a test for me?"
Me: "What's your name?"
Instructor: (They stated their name).
Me: "No....sorry, maybe in another hour or so.".

This went on all afternoon.  I made my last delivery for the afternoon before 5:00.  In addition to test deliveries, I was sent to pick up a singing Elvis dog from one of the faculty/staff members.  Yes, you read that correctly.  If I had a picture I would post it here.  This puppy sings one of Elvis's songs.  My supervisor is an Elvis fan.

When I went to work Monday morning, I called myself dressing office appropriate.  I wore a skirt and a top.  As I looked around at the staff and work-study students, I immediately felt out of place.  Everyone else was dressed in pants, shirts, and flip flops. Later on, my supervisor looked at me and kindly said, "Please dress causal and were sneakers for the rest of the week."  So I did, and I need to go shopping.   I don't like shopping for pants.  Shirts are eaiser to shop for.  Shoes are another story entirely because of my foot size.

This weekend, I hope to get some writing done before my work week starts all over again. Blog posts maybe scarce for the next five weeks, but I will try to post at least once a week or so.  Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment