Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

You're Naming Your Baby What?

I came across an article about the hottest baby names of 2012, and parents are naming their children after Hunger Games characters.  Yes, you read that correctly....Hunger Games characters.  I find it hard to imagine naming a child Katniss or Rue.  Can you imagine saying Katniss, stop hitting your brother! Or Rue, please pick up your toys.  Is Rue a girl or boy name?  I've never read Hunger Games, so I have no idea. For some of you who has read the books, this may sound like a wierd question.

Also parents naming their bundles of joy after celeb and other inspirations of Hollywood such as:
  • Blue
  • Blythe
  • Cyrus
  • Ivy
  • Adele
  • Estelle
  • Grayson
There are a few names I would consider, but some sound odd.  If I was to have children....or even get to have children, I would probably name my kids after book characters. Here are some examples.
  • Auden - Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
  • Rhiannon- Take Me There by  Susane Colasanti
  • Haley- Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
  • Indigo Summer- Indigo Summer by Monica Mckayhan
I would probably get a few eye rolls on the last one, but you get the idea. My cousin named her son Bryce and my former professor named his daughter Julianna. Both names are different. I would have a harder time coming up with boy names than girls.  So parents, don't be afraid to be different.

Flashback Friday is Back!

I'm back with Flashback Friday.  Since I am having my "say what" moments, I thought I would share this video. I know, I know, why do I keep pulling things from the 80's?  Have you heard of the "Safety Dance"?  The song doesn't make sense and the video puts the icing on the cake. It looks like a renaisance fair gone wrong....that's how it looks to me.

Have a good weekend everyone.


2 comments:

  1. I actually like the name Rue, it's a girl name by the way :) I'm not sure what characters I would name my kids after. I've read way too many books. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I thought Rue might be a girls' name. Rue W., I think it would work.

      Delete