Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

What's Going On?

For the last few days it has been in the 60's here in South Carolina....atleast in my neck of the woods.  It doesn't quite feel like spring, but I am not complaining because it will be in the 80's and 90's in another month or so.  When summer is in full force, we are going to be complaining about it being too hot, and running into gas stations, McDonald's etc. for something to drink like juices, sodas, or smoothies.  A strawberry and bananna smoothie sounds good right now, or maybe a frape.  Once, I had a medium sized frape at night. Big mistake, it took me several hours to go to sleep. 

The biggest problem I encountered this week was my new cell phone.  I upgraded to a LG Extravert.  Oh man, its an extravert all right.  I brought it home and put it on the charger.  Nothing happns.  The next day I noticed that I only had two batteries and the phone never charged.  So I decided to see if the phone would charge through my computer.  I plugged it in and it started charging.  But here's the catch; it still won't charge.  When it charges in the computer, the phone screen says BATTERY CHARGING, but when I take it off the charger the phone goes dead.  The only way I can use my phone is if it is hooked up to the computer.  That's not helping me.  There is no way I am hauling my laptop around just to be able to use my phone.

Customer service said that it could be the phone itself or the battery.  I really like this phone, but if it is going to give me this much trouble, I need to get something else or use my old phone.

For the first time in awhile I decided to watch The Office last night. I haven't been watching this season since Steve Carell better known as Michael Scott left.  I read some reviews last year and people were pulling away from the show.  Last night, as I clicked over to the show, I felt totally lost.  It appears that Ryan and Kelly broke up, there is this lady with a British accent working there now, and Jim and Pam try to fix Kelly up with their pediatrician.  I just felt lost.

It's still a mystery why I started watching the show. It all started four years ago when some friends told me that I needed to check out The Office. So I did...and I was like what is wrong with these people?  Does any work actually get done?  Week after week, I kept watching. There were a lot of haha moments and then there were a lot more say what moments.  I guess I liked the quirkiness of it all. I use to work in an office where a lot of stuff happened. But work got done because it had to.  In one of the rooms in the office, there was a TV. Each afternoon people would go in and watch soap operas.  If the room was in use, they would go online and read the recaps for the day.  This was when all the soap operas were still on the air.  It appears that there are at least four currently on the air.

So, for those of you who are Michael Scott fans and in honor of Flashback Fridays, I'm giving you the best of Michael Scott.

Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment