Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Is It Spring Yet?

Is it spring yet?  Because it sure does feel like it.  Sunday afternoon, I went out for a walk around the neighborhood.  The children were out playing, and a few of my neighbors were out walking for the evening.  This winter has been the warmest winter I can remember.  We didn't get any snow this season and I have coats in my closet that I didn't get to wear. 

So I am debating if I should go ahead and push my winter clothes to the back of the closet or just for a few more weeks. 

In other news, I just finished listening to Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot.  Again, I wasn't impressed by this series.  (I haven't read the second book of the Queen of Babble series).  Cabot gives background information on the history of weddings and how some the long standing customs came about.  Also, she gives tips on how to avoid wedding day disasters through the naration of Lizzie Nichols.   There is one major spoiler I could give away, but I won't. 

I haven't written a review for this novel yet.  I should have it posted on Factoidz within the next few days. 

For a long time, I have had this obsession with pens and notebooks.  I'm not in school anymore, so why should I justify buying these items?  Well, its kind of a rule of dumb that writers need their tools.  I thought that I was bad about buying and keeping notebooks until I visited a friend of mine.  She has more notebooks than I do.  So I didn't feel so bad.  I like to write down ideas and even at my age I still keep a journal.  However, I don't write on a regular basis. 

I was in Kmart the other day, and I almost bought a new notebook and pens. I walked over to the nearest checkout in the Electronics section, and the cashier was helping a lady with her iPhone.  I quickly changed my mind and put these items back.  I really didn't need these things at the moment.  I just bought a pack of pens  the other week at Office Depot when I only intended on buying envelopes. 

Another example of office supply buying is when I went to Wal-Mart over a month ago.  I purchased the new Sharpie pens and a new USB.  My brother asked me why I was buying one.  So I currently own two.  I have been using this method of storage for six years now.  The ones I have owned in the past either broke or stopped working.  This was very dissapointing because they had all my notes, papers from college, and other documents.  So it won't hurt to keep an extra around.

So what tools should writers keep in their office or writng space?
  • Pens, pencils, and highlighters of course
  • Note pads for writing down ideas
  • Note books or bigger notebooks (If you like writing your drafts by hand). 
  • Dictionary and Thesarus
  • Ecyclopedias for research (You'll never know when you will need it especially if the internet is down).
  • Paper and ink for your printer
I am sure there are other items I have missed but these are just the basics.  I guess I have gained a lttle self control in this area.  I use to be obsessed with buying address books.  If there were too many crossouts because someone moved, etc.  I would buy a fresh new one.  Now thanks to technology, I can save all my contacts in my phone or in my email contact list. However, this does has its down si




No comments:

Post a Comment